How do I?

Resources for students  More


Pursue a dual degree?

A dual degree at Ohio State is defined as a graduate student pursuing any two graduate degrees concurrently, with the exception of two PhD programs. More

Pursue a combined degree?

Students in combined programs are enrolled concurrently in the Graduate School and in either a professional or undergraduate college or school. More

Change the degree I'm working on?

Students who have already been admitted to a graduate program at Ohio State and who have paid fees may request to change their degree being sought within their current graduate program; e.g., from a master's to a PhD. More

Return to graduate studies after completing an Ohio State graduate degree?
  • Students who completed one graduate degree and wish to pursue another should complete a Transfer of Graduate Program via GRADFORMS.
  • Students who wish to resume a graduate degree that they did not complete should complete a Reactivate Enrollment Eligibility form (students who have not enrolled for two years will need to have the form signed by the Graduate Studies Committee Chair of their program). 
  • Students who completed a graduate degree and would like to take additional courses without pursuing another degree should also complete a Reactivate Enrollment Eligibility form and note that they are pursuing PD status. PD status is at the discretion of the program; all reactivation forms for PD status must be signed by the Gradaute Studies Committee Chair.

For more information about transfers, reactivation, and PD status, please contact the Graduate School.

Transfer into a different graduate program?

Students who have already been admitted to a graduate program at Ohio State and who have paid fees may request to transfer from their current graduate program into another Ohio State graduate program. More

Reactivate after not enrolling for one or more quarters or semesters?

Students returning after an absence of one or more quarters or semester must request reactivation to enroll in courses. If a student has not been enrolled for two or more years, permission of the graduate studies committee chair is required. More

Take care of my ESL requirements?

Ohio State requires all international graduate students from non-English speaking countries to acquire proficiency in written and spoken English to a level at which they can successfully compete with domestic and other English-speaking students. More

Petition for changes to my student record?

Petitions are required for requested changes (add, drop, course options) to a student's record after published deadlines. More

Take a graduate level course when I am an undergraduate?

An undergraduate may petition to take courses for graduate credit provided that the student meets certain criteria and procedures. More

Transfer graduate credit from other universities?

Graduate students may request transfer credit for courses taken at other universities that may fulfill degree requirements in the program at Ohio State. More

Submit my dissertation, D.M.A. document, or thesis?

Ohio State dissertations, DMA documents, and theses are submitted electronically. More

Use the End-of-Semester option for completing degree requirements?

Students who apply to graduate in a given semester and find that they cannot complete degree requirements by the posted deadlines can opt to utilize an option called End-of-Semester. More

Make arrangements for doing an exam by videoconference?

Students must submit a Petition for Graduate Committee and Examinations form to the Graduate School at least two weeks before the scheduled exam date. More

Related Links

Need help?

Contact staff members in the Graduate School using the staff directory, or call (614) 292-6031.

Follow us

Facebook Facebook
Twitter Twitter